Meeting rooms are often set up as resources in an organization's e-mail and calendar system to help facilitate scheduling of physical resources. It is important to understand how to add these resources to calendar events in order to avoid double-booking and to improve inter-office communication. This article offers guidance to assist when scheduling meetings using Meeting Rooms within Outlook.
- Open Outlook
- Click New Items
- Click Meeting
- Click Rooms...
- Select All Rooms from the drop-down list
- Scroll down the list of Rooms until you find the room you wish to book
- Add the Room by double clicking the name of the room
- Click OK
- The Meeting Room is now listed in the To field as a recipient
- The Location field has also been automatically populated
- Add additional recipients in the To: field as needed
- Type a Subject for the meeting
- Type a brief overview of the meeting in the message Body
- Set the Start time
- Set the End time
NOTE: In the bottom right of the meeting request you will see a field called Suggested Times, if there is already a booking in the room at that time, it will let you know and suggest an alternative time for you on the same day in this box.
- Click Send
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SasZL15buIU