How to blacklist specific content or sites in Safari for iPhone and iPad
If you're not overly worried and just want to try and prevent your kids from hitting links that take them to adult material, or there are only a few sites you want to make sure they never land on, you can use the automatic settings, and the blacklist feature.
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Tap Enable Restrictions. If already enabled, skip to step 6.
- Type a 4-digit password that your children won't be able to guess.
Type your password again to confirm it.
- Tap on Websites under Allowed Content .
Tap on Limit Adult Content under the Allowed Websites section.
- Tap Add a Website under NEVER ALLOW.
- Type the URL of the website you wish to block in the Website field.
Repeat this process for each site you'd like to block access to. Keep in mind that if certain websites have mobile sites, you may need to block them separately. For instance, to block CrackBerry completely, you would need to block, , and since they have specified sites for tablets, smartphones, and full blown browsers.
If you find a site not blocking after you included it in your restricted websites list, visit that site and look in the Address Bar of Safari to make sure you're blocking the correct URL. Copy it if you need to and paste it into restrictions.